Sunday 20 October 2013

Crash & Refocus

As the title states -this was a rough week.  My son was sick at the end of last week and it kept going on and off for the whole week.  Lack of sleep, stress and emotions way out of whack!   Plus throw in being out of town, hospital visits and Thanksgiving and it just equalled disaster! The lesson is that I NEED to take better care of myself whenever life throws me curve balls because when I do not everything unravels and it makes it really easy not to make the best choices for myself.  This means asking for help if needed or choosing to eat something early to keep my hunger level at bay.

Due to the craziness of the week. I did not look at the scale this week.  I did step on it to be recorded to look back at  next week but I felt it would not motivate me. My Jenny Craig consultant reassured me and helped me refocus for this new week.  It is really important to me to not let this one week really set me back in reaching my goals.  Together we planned a week with focus on my menu, combined with  getting enough rest and water.

Without the support and accountability of Jenny Craig I know it the past I might not have refocused and moved forward. It can be really easy to let one "bad" week wreck a really positive journey.  Having someone that is on my side to help me get back on track really makes the difference. I know I will get back on track and continue on to reach my goals because I am driven and I know if I stumble she will help me get back to where I want to be!

This week I really enjoyed the new Jenny Craig Roasted Turkey Medallions.  Simply a yummy turkey dinner minus all the high calories.  I did not plan to eat any of the leftovers from Thanksgiving so it really helped having this planned in to eat like a leftover meal.  I didn't feel like I was missing out and it actually felt like treat to have a second turkey dinner. 

Stepping forward I am now rested and ready to take on my week with a better mindset.   I am so close to getting out of the 170s. It is going to feel awesome!  Once I cross that step I am even closer to my New Years goal of getting down to 155!  Being able to ring in the new year in my choice of the great outfits in my closet will  feel simply AMAZING!  To start off the New Year having lost 50lbs, feeling more confident, comfortable in my own skin and happy with the way that I look is definitely what will make it a great start to a fabulous year!

No comments:

Post a Comment