Thursday 16 January 2014

Curve Ball

Life simply goes as expected without any hiccups and then out of the blue a curve ball shows up.  I think we all can relate. This week I thought I was ready and able to handle the extra company I planned on having.  It didn't go as planned.  Unexpected meals and unexpected company were followed by unexpected stress.  :(  This is where old habits and quick fixes came into play.  I have the same go to choices that many have- meals without veggies, high carb snack when I have forgotten to eat every 2-3hours (I get really lightheaded), lots of coffee and a glass of wine.  The busier I am the less I take care of myself and just focus on the others that need me to care for them. 

Obviously I saw a gain on the scale this week.  In a normal week of my own food choices I would have taken much better care of myself.  Getting overwhelmed and taking on more than I am used to made this past week not a normal thought out week. In hindsight I could have taken a few minutes to call my Jenny Craig consultant and it would have helped immensely but I thought I would get back on track the next day.
 
 
This week I really leaned on my consultant while I learn to get back on track. In diets in the past, this type of set back might have made me give up. But my Jenny Craig Consultant told me about  the 3day rule, how water retention works in the body,  helping me to understand I can expect a big drop next week as I get back on track. She also said something that I think is the perfect example of why Jenny Craig is above any other weight loss support out there: she reminded me that I am here to not only ‘lose weight’, I am here to become a life-long weight manager. And that set-backs are going to be a part of life, even when I have been at my goal weight 2 years down the road. It’s not about making mistakes. It’s about learning how to get back on track. That's the key to strong weight management control for the future. In other words, this week, not only am I going to be rewarded with a big drop I am learning a very important life lesson for myself!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amelia - congrats on all your progress! Can you do a post about the 3 day rule and how water retention works in the body? I'm doing Jenny Craig too and haven't heard about this. I've just hit my own (first) curve ball in my program and would love to learn from your experience!

    ReplyDelete